We know that travel costs can be a significant part of training costs and are often asked if our courses are held anywhere other than Nottingham. The answer is that most of our courses are held at our offices in Nottingham, but we are more than willing to travel whenever an organisation has sufficient interest and offers to host the event.
Ashford Borough Council (ABC) have several potential delegates for our 5-Day ‘Introduction to contaminated land’ series but their travel costs made training prohibitive. However, by hosting the course they have found a more cost effective way of achieving the needed learning outcomes.
The course will be held at Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PL on the following dates:
- Day 1 “Introduction and development of the Conceptual model” – Wednesday 10th May – Committee Room 1
- Day 2 “Site Characterisation” – Thursday 11th May – Committee Room 2
- Day 3 “Human-health risk assessment” – Monday 15th May – Committee Room 1
- Day 4 “Risk Management and Remediation” – Tuesday 16th May – Committee Room 1
- Day 5 “Reviewing Third Party Reports” – Wednesday 17th May – Committee Room 2
ABC are looking for additional external delegates (public or private sector) who wish to attend this series of courses in the South East. Anyone interested in attending should contact Trevor Ford (Team Leader – Environmental Protection & Licensing).