LQM with TetraTech and ALS appointed as research contractor for CIRIA PFAS guidance
CIRIA has appointed LQM, TetraTech and ALS to develop "Guidance on Poly- and Per-fluorinated alkyl substances (#PFAS) in soil and water environments"
The project aims to raise awareness of risks from PFAS to humans and the environment along with the relevant legislation and guidance on how to assess and manage the risks from PFAS in soil and water.
The report structure, recently agreed with the Project Steering Group, includes sections on:
- PFAS nomenclature including precursors and terminal products
- Fate and transport in the environment
- Generic conceptual site models to a range of receptors, with consideration of the effects of climate change and extreme weather events, as now required by BS EN ISO 21365:2020.
- Preliminary and quantitative risk assessment and site investigation practice for PFAS
- PFAS analytical methods including constraints
- Regulations and existing guidance
The Guidance will include a stand alone ready reference aimed at client organisations to help them understand what to expect from their technical advisors.
We are pleased to be working CIRIA, Tetra Tech and ALS on this very important guidance document.